Sometimes, I wonder where did all the good shows go, especially the Disney ones. I grew up with Disney movies from Snow White, to Bambi to Tarzan influencing my life and I enjoyed it. I even like the small series of shows provided for children, especially Winnie the Pooh.
And now, when I on the tv, I see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers and wonder where did the creativity that made Disney Disney go? In the 'old' movies, jokes were created by the witty lines and outlandish characters made, making the movies enjoyable for both adults and children. Now, slapstick humour prevails and the only way to get a kid to laugh is to have one character cause major damage to another character.
One of the only series I like now is Phineas and Ferb, since it encourages people to think outside the box. But, I disagree with Perry being a super agent platypus and the fact that they stereotyped their sister to make Phineas and Ferb look good.
And, I am missing all the villains which both scared the heck out of me when I was younger and now, make me laugh at their ridiculousness (especially Ursula : Body Language!) There aren't any good villlains nowadays, besides Enchanted. In Finding Nemo, the...er...doctor was the villain? Oh, right it was the crazy fish killing niece. However, the fact is that the villains don't play a major part in creating the plot anymore. Look at the Queen in Snow White and all her plans which took up three quarters of the show, and look at Melificent in Sleeping Beauty. One line from her and Aurora became Rose for 16 years.
*sighs*
BTW, Becky, I found a French version of Be A Man, you should watch it. It's called Comme un Homme.
No comments:
Post a Comment